My best friend growing up was an absolute spitfire. I admired her – and I loved the fact that we could be so wild and free in each other’s company. We challenged each other to become the best people we possibly could be, and we were always a team.
Years later, these are the values I follow as a therapist devoted to working with couples. Each partner’s strengths are essential to the health of the relationship they create.
If you both are ready for the challenge of seeing things in new ways and building the life you truly want, I will serve as your resource and guide.
I am not the right therapist for you if …
- You love to use the words, “Yes, but …” as a way of explaining away the difficulties in your life.
- You love to argue for your limitations, holding onto the things that are holding your relationship back.
- You expect me to wave a magic wand over you that will instantly fix your partner and your marriage.
However, I am the right therapist for you if …
- You are ready to work hard on yourself and your relationship.
- You are willing to learn new things about yourself and your partner.
- You are prepared to learn new skills and embrace changes that can make life richer and more fulfilling than you ever imagined it could be.
I won’t let you get stuck telling the same story, session after session. Our emphasis will be on understanding and progress. Working as a team, we will pinpoint the issues that are tearing you apart – and strengthen the skills you need to find real solutions.